If your vehicle has been impounded due to a lack of insurance, you must get impound insurance cheaply as soon as possible. We have years of experience in the insurance industry. For this reason, we offer a 30-day temporary coverage policy. After purchase, you can show that you have the bare minimum of coverage required to have your car released from the police pound and back on the road ASAP.
Get Insurance for an Impounded Car.
Finding impound insurance can be difficult because this is a non-standard insurance policy, and time is an aspect. We are committed to assisting you in getting the release of your vehicle from the police pound. However, there are a few things to consider before purchasing our insurance policy.
- We provide third-party coverage only, which means we cover you for any damage caused to someone else’s vehicle in the event of an accident that is your fault.
- We will send you the necessary paperwork via mail because your proof of insurance is required to release your vehicle from the police pound.
Why Are the Vehicles Impounded by the Police?
- If the vehicle is not properly insured or taxed, the police and other authorities may impound it.
- The vehicle is parked illegally on public roads.
- The driver parked his vehicle on private property without a SORN (Statutory Off-Road Notification).
- The vehicle is being driven recklessly, which is causing an obstruction.
- Someone other than the registered owner is driving the vehicle without a valid driver’s license.
What Documents Are Needed to Reclaim Your Vehicle?
To get your impounded car released, you must take several documents to the police pound. The first is an impound notice issued on the side of the road. You must also show your identity.
- Proof of ID: A valid ID, such as a passport, driver’s license, or national ID, is required.
- Proof of Ownership: You must also prove that you own the vehicle. The logbook or a new keeper supplement could be provided.
- A Valid MOT Certificate: If the vehicle is more than 3 years old, it should have a valid MOT. It must be recovered on a trailer or transported to a pre-arranged test appointment.
- Insurance Certificate: You must also show proof of insurance. However, not every insurance policy covers you if your car is impounded. That is why you must first read a small section. If you are still unsure, contact your insurance provider for clarification.
How Can You Get a Quote for Impound Insurance?
Release My Vehicle is an expert insurance provider, and we offer impound insurance for those who want to get their car back from the police pound quickly. We assist drivers who may be classified as ‘higher risk’ in getting the coverage they require. Call us for an insurance quote, and we’ll get your vehicle retrieved and back on the road as soon as possible.
How Can You Take Advantage of Our Affordable Insurance Policy?
We have provided impound insurance in the past. As a result, we can provide excellent customer service for insurance policies that can be customized to your specific needs. Our dedicated team of professional insurance brokers in the UK is available to assist you in getting the insurance policy you require.
You can get the following benefits by insuring with Release My Vehicle:
- Our UK-based call centers are always available to assist you.
- An experienced team
- 24-hour claim service
If you need any assistance regarding impounded vehicles, you can always contact us, and our expert insurance providers will provide you with the information you require to get your vehicle released from the police pound.