If your vehicle has been impound and you do not have the required, stated impounded vehicle insurance, you will be unable to release it. Because most yearly insurance policies exclude this type of coverage, you may need to get specialized insurance for impounded vehicle.
Get Insurance for impounded vehicle
Before you can get your vehicle back, you must show proof of insurance for at least 30 days. Many annual insurance companies may refuse to cover you if your vehicle is impound because it is deemed a high-risk situation. As a result, temporary insurance for impounded vehicle is typically the best option. Unfortunately, this is usually more expensive than regular insurance.
Without the necessary skills, you will be unable to release your impounded vehicle, and releasing an impounded vehicle is not an easy task. We’ll try to advise you on what to do if the police impound your car, how to get it released, and whether or not you need impounded car insurance based on your specific circumstances. But first, we’ll figure out why a vehicle was impound.
Why do the police impound cars?
For several reasons, your car could be impound. Among them are:
- parking illegally
- Driving without insurance
- Keeping an invalid registration Parking tickets owed
- Leaving your vehicle at home
- I was park on a public road.
- The vehicle is exempt from taxation.
- Driving while unable to obtain insurance
- Parking on private property without a SORN (statutory Off Road Notification)
What documents are required for the release of your impounded vehicle?
You cannot simply go to the pound and get your vehicle release. A variety of documents are required to release your impound vehicle. You have 7 working days to go to the pound and retrieve your vehicle; if you do not, it will be scrap or auction after 14 days.
Because different authorities may have slightly different restrictions, you must be aware of how much time you have before the police pound releases your vehicle from these things. To avoid high costs and having your vehicle scrap, we recommend resolving the problem as soon as possible.
- You must have the following documents with you when you go to the car pound to pick up your vehicle:
- Identity proof in the form of a current, photo ID, such as a passport or driver’s license
- You must provide proof that you are the register owner of the vehicle. Rookie keepers can use it as a supplement.
- A valid MOT certificate or proof of a pre-hired MOT appointment
- A valid insurance certificate that allows a seize vehicle to be release. Your insurance company may have given you a paper or electronic copy. The certificate you issued must include all relevant information.
Is it possible for someone else to get your impounded vehicle released?
As the register owner, it is your responsibility to retrieve your vehicle. It is advised that you go to the police pound prepared with documentation proving your ownership. Only in certain circumstances may someone else release your vehicle from impound. These are:
- If you can show proof that you are overseas in this scenario, the person collecting on your behalf must provide flight tickets.
- There are fair medical issues that prevent you from releasing the car on your own, such as injury, immobility, or incompetence.
- The person collecting the vehicle on your behalf must have specific paperwork in order for the impound car to be collect on your behalf.
Find the right insurance for impounded vehicle
If your vehicle is in the police pound, you should not be worry, just contact us and we will help you in releasing your vehicle from the police pound. We can arrange insurance quotes for you in a few minutes. Our UK-based call centers are always open to help you in critical situations. Just contact us right now and we will help you in retrieving your vehicle.
Release my Vehicle can offer you temporary impounded van insurance. In addition, allowing you to recover your van and covering you on the …
If your vehicle is impounded, you need suitable impound vehicle insurance to recover the impounded vehicle. But not everyone knows how to …